Tuesday 15 September 2015

Aarun's Media consumption

My consumption of the media
Newspapers:

  •  I read the London Evening Standard however, I tend to read few times a week and not on a daily basis. 
  • I often go to the London Life | Arts section as it contains many movie related content and reviews as well as the presses information about the media.
  • I never read the travel section as it is not of my interest and don't find most of the content entertaining or even enjoyable to read.
  • I often read film reviews or critic reviews as well as peoples opinions of the films they watch and what the synopsis  of the film is. In addition, I like to know other peoples ratings of the movies for example, I cam across a review made by David S who reviewed a highly anticipated film known as 'The Martian' which was of great interest to me.
  • My dad reads the newspaper before he goes to work and after he comes back I tend to read anything that catches my eye such as movie related content in the newspaper. 
  • I sometimes go and visit The BBC's news site as I believe that the information is updated fairly quickly compared to other news sites and tat the BBC often get exclusive interviews etc. 
Magazines:

  • I never rarely ever purchase a magazine as I see most of the content in newspapers.
  • When I do purchase a magazine I often go to the film section where there are tones of information in regards to upcoming movies and giving details about possible rumours in relation to upcoming movies.
Television:

  • I spend a total of 24 hours a week on watching anything on T.V .
  • I watch the news before I go to school: morning (to see the time and when to leave for school) and I watch T.V mostly during the afternoon and evenings.
  • I love watching Film 4 as great movies come on during Saturdays and Sundays. However, during the school week I like watching channel 1 to ITV 2 as great shows come on as well as movies.
  • I use my laptop mostly to watch movies that I have purchased on CD but also I watch my favourite T.V shows on both my laptop and tablet.
Radio:

  • I only listen to the radio when I am in a car (via the car radio) as a source of entertainment. 
  • I mostly listen to Kiss 100 and Capital FM as they provide up-to-date music etc.
  • I often listen to the radio in the car.
  • I don''t listen to the radio other than being in the car.
Cinema:

  • I have seen Mission Impossible Rogue Nation and also The Avengers Age of Ultron.
  • I often watch my films on my Sky Box (in the planner section) where all my recorded movies are. I watch most of the films of there as they are easily accessible to view.
  • I went with my cousin and brother (often) to watch the movies in both Cinema and at home.
  • I often decide what to watch but also I do check IMDB to see any films that have gotten good reviews such 'Interstellar'. 
  • I always use my T.V to watch the films I want to however, I do go on my tablet if I want to catch up on my T.V shows and also, I use my laptop to watch some movies that I brought on CD.
Online:

  • I access the internet for about 6 hours a day depending on the reason why I need to use it. I use it most time for work but also for YouTube videos and entertainment such as social media.
  • I often use my laptop at home but, I do use the internet frequently at school when I have a free period or need to do some work during lesson.
  • I often access YouTube, IMDB, Facebook (if needed) and also editing tutorials etc.
  • I often use theses site to either get information that is needed for school work or for entertainment.
  • I often look at tutorials or to check my e-mail.
  • My primary device used for accessing the internet is my laptop however, I do use my tablet and phone for social media or by accessing apps that require internet access.
  • I often use WhatsApp, Instagram, and Facebook. I use these social networking sites because a majority of my friends and family belong/use these sites and is much easier to communicate with them due to it being more accessible. 
Action Plan: I plan on engaging more with magazines and more print based media.

No comments:

Post a Comment